Creating a beautiful Greek mezze platter that holds so many favorite small bites, including dips, pita bread, fresh fruit, and veggies, is a delicious way to start any meal or be the meal!
This Greek mezze plate is stunning in its appearance and fun to assemble.
What is a Mezze Platter?
The word “meze” translates to snack or taste. A traditional way of eating in the Mediterranean and Middle East and is also part of the culinary culture in Greece—one of the many reasons why Greece is high on the wishlist of places to visit.
This Greek mezze plate is made for snacking and is filled with an assortment of tapa-sized snacks served on small plates with a great variety of Mediterranean tastes and appetizers. Many refer to the mezze as a charcuterie board, which features cured meats, cheese and nuts.
The ingredients for the Mediterranean mezze plate can vary depending on your tastes and what you have. Some are pantry items and refrigerator staples, making for a light shopping list. This is also a great reason to go to your local farmers market to highlight the beauty of fresh ingredients from your region.
How to Assemble the Mezze Platter
Assembling your dish is quick and easy and fun to create. This mezze tray is vegetarian, and you can feel free to add meats and others cheeses.
Middle Eastern Meze Ideas
The gift of this Greek appetizer is that there is a variety of ingredients you can use. Below is a list of additional favorites to include in your delicious Greek appetizer display.
Tips and Notes
Greek Mezze Platter Recipe
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 cup Olive Tapenade
- 1 block Greek Feta soaked brine
- small jar Roasted Red Pepper
- 6 Persian cucumbers sliced lengthwise
- 1 jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- 1/2 cup marinated olives variety of olives soaked in oil
- small bunch Red Seedless Grapes
- 4 pieces Pita sliced in 1/8ths
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil drizzle over hummus and fet block
- Assemble the Mezze Platter.You can use a large tray or cutting board to assemble all your dishes and snacks. To start placing the main dishes would consist of hummus, olive tapenade, and a block of feta. Once you have those placed you can fill in all the gaps with the other ingredients.Once you are ready to serve, warm the pita, slice it into 1/8th triangles, and place it on the platter.