Olive Tapenade Recipe is a wonderfully flavorful spread that can be used on sandwiches to enrich every bite. This recipe is versatile and you can use it as a dip with crudités or your favorite slice of baguette. This is my first time making this yummy olive spread. I knew the basic ingredients and wanted it to be simple. My love for the salty olive and the briny capers is such a perfect combination.
The ingredients are staples that you can find in your pantry as well as the vegetable crisper in your fridge.
Ingredients Needed for Olive Tapenade
What to Serve with Tapenade?
Olive Tapenade is incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. It is not just to be used as a sandwich spread.
Olive Tapenade Recipe
- Food Processor
- 1 cup Trader Joe's Giant Chalkidiki Olives, Pitted
- 1/2 cup
Trader Joe's Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1 tablespoon Nonpareille Capers, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Organize all ingredients and pit any olives that need pitting. My GIANT olives did, so the best way is I used the side of a large knife to smoosh the olives to remove the pit.
- Add all ingredients to the food processor using the blade.
- Pulse the ingrediants, a few seconds at a time. So the olives are course…I over pulsed on my first try.
- Now put in air tight container to save so you can save extras for later.
- Serve on your favorite cracker, piece of bread or make that glorious sandwich with the spread.