The Cedar Planked Baked Feta Dip is a slightly salty, warm, and creamy appetizer that comes together in less than 30 minutes.
This recipe was inspired by my daughter and friends, they were eating out and it was featured on the menu of a local favorite Italian restaurant. After she described how delicious the appetizer was with chunky tomato sauce, sliced lemon and served with warm bread, I knew I wanted to try it for myself. Without knowing much about the roasted feta, I only had ingredients from the menu description to re-create at home, The feta appetizer has a beautiful presentation and is a real crowd pleaser.
Ingredients for Baked Feta Dip
How to Make the Baked Feta Recipe
The feta cheese appetizer is easy to assemble and ready to serve in less than 30 minutes.
Tips and Notes
Frequently Asked Questions
Cedar Planked Baked Feta Dip Recipe
- 8 ounce Quality Greek block of Feta keep block whole
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Lemon sliced
- 1/2 cup
Ammoglio SauceItalian Tomato Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Flaky Salt
- Soak Cedar plank in a shallow dish with warm water for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit with a rack in the middle. Also, place a rack for broiling towards the top of the oven.
- Once the Cedar plank is ready, place in the center of the cooking sheet and you can start to assemble the ingredients.Add the block of feta on top of the cedar plank, drizzle extra virgin olive oil, so it is covering the top of the feta block, and place thinly sliced lemons 2 – 3 slices over the top of the feta, drizzle with a little more olive oil.
- Place the cooking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 – 30 minutes. If you prefer to have some browned edges, you can broil at the end for about a minute.
- Remove the cooking sheet from the oven, top the feta with warmed Ammoglio sauce, garnish freshly julienned basil, and sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Serve with sliced cucumbers and/or crusty bread and crostini.