Incredible Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs come together in less than 30 minutes with a punchy mixture of spices, making this an ideal weeknight meal. Simple ingredients, juicy meat, and crispy skin are true crowd pleasers.
Why This Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs Recipe Works
Chicken thighs in the air fryer are easy to prepare and do not take long to cook. That is the best combination for a meal you need to get to the table quickly. What makes this one elevated is the combination of spices that have deep flavors with a bit of spice, and the crispy skin is delicious.
The thigh meat is the fatter meat of the chicken, which is how it tastes juicy. As are continued to be taught, fat adds that flavorful punch to all dishes. This same seasoning could be made with chicken breasts, but the preparation and cooking time would render it a completely different meal.
The flavors are reminiscent of Chicken Diavollo, the Devil’s chicken cooked over a grill or open flame. This technique uses the air fryer, so the cooking time is cut in half, yet the flavor is perfectly balanced. The spice combination is savory
When you plate the crispy skin chicken thigh, you can serve them with creamy mashed potatoes or pomme puree and sauteed broccolini to complete the meal. This will be a dish that is beautiful and flavorful!
To substitute boneless chicken thighs deboned, you can air fry bone in chicken thighs and skin on. This process will have less prep time but will change how long it takes to cook the chicken in the air fryer. It could be as much as 25 minutes. Always check your meat for the cooked internal temperature of 170 degrees.
There are a few spices you could substitute or variations you could use, for thyme leave, you could use Herbs de Florence. I have also used minced fresh garlic in this recipe. You will need to observe because fresh garlic can tend to burn on the skin if it gets overcooked or the heat is too high.
How to Cook Chicken Thighs in Air Fryer
Prepare the chicken thighs. To have crispy skin, you will need to debone the chicken thigh and leave the skin on. See more detail on how to debone the chicken thighs.
In a small bowl, add the spices, oregano, garlic, sage, thyme leaves, rosemary, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper.
Place the chicken with skin up and drizzle with olive oil, turn over (skin down) and sprinkle with half of the spice mixture.
Turn the meat over, skin up, and sprinkle with the remaining spice mixture.
Put on the air fryer rack and keep enough space between the chicken.
Cook at 375 degrees for 14 minutes in the air fryer, turning half way through. Always test your air fryer for the right cooking time, as they all heat differently.
Remove from the air fryer and plate your dish.
How to Debone Chicken Thigh
Step by Step Process to debone chicken thighs
What to Serve with Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Roast Chicken Diavola
- Chicken Milanese
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife deboning
- Air Fryer I use a Cuisinart Air Fryer
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds chicken thighs skin-on and bone-in
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic dried
- 1/2 teaspoon sage dried
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves dried
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary dried
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare the chicken thighs. To have crispy skin, you will need to debone the chicken thigh and leave the skin on. See more detail on how to debone the chicken thighs.
- In a small bowl, add the spices, oregano, garlic, sage, thyme leaves, rosemary, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs with skin up and drizzle with olive oil, turn over (skin down) and sprinkle with half of the spice mixture.
- Turn the thighs over, skin up, and sprinkle with the remaining spice mixture.
- Put on the air fryer rack and keep enough space between the chicken thighs.
- Cook at 375 degrees for a total of 14 minutes in the air fryer.
- Remove from the air fryer and plate your dish.